If you are a music lover planning a holiday in London this summer, you’ll be happy to hear that this year’s Hampton Court Palace Festival has an extraordinary line-up of musical talent in a broad array of genres. The beginning concert is on 11 June with the final event taking place on 23 June. For those who are planning a London holiday in June, here is some general information about the venue and a list of this year’s stellar performers.
Hampton Court Palace
Although the Royal Family has not resided here since the 19th Century, it is still a royal palace nonetheless. Located in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, the palace was built originally for a particular favourite of Henry VIII, Cardinal Thomas Wolsey. Not only can you enjoy some amazing entertainment whilst at the Hampton Court Palace but you can get in a bit of history and sightseeing as well. All in all, a stunning venue for musical concerts.
All-Star Line-up for the Festival 2015
The concerts are to be held in the Base Court auditorium where attendees can enjoy a picnic whilst enjoying the sights and sounds around them. This year’s line-up and dates are:
- 11 June (Thursday) – Jools Holland & His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra
- 12 June (Friday ) – Jools Holland & His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra
- 13 June (Saturday) – Fireworks and Fanfare
- 14 June (Sunday) – John Wilson & the John Wilson Orchestra
- 16 June (Tuesday) – Paloma Faith
- 17 June (Wednesday) – Alan Davies and Paul Merton’s Impro Chums
- 18 June (Thursday) – Paloma Faith
- 19 June (Friday) – Alfie Boe
- 20 June (Saturday) – Peter Andre
- 23 June (Tuesday) – Burt Bacharach
As you can see, this musical extravaganza lasts almost two weeks with an offering of genres to fit all musical tastes.
Hampton Court Palace Festival 2015: Musical Genres
As this is a line-up of top artists in an assortment of genres, there may be some you aren’t familiar with. It probably all depends on your age group and musical tastes. Just to give you a taste of the talent performing this year’s Hampton Court Palace Festival, here is a listing of the performing artists with their genres. When booking your holiday, you will certainly want to be entertained by talents your love.
- Jools Holland & His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra – Jazz, boogie-woogie, blues. R&B
- John Wilson & the John Wilson Orchestra – symphonic (of course!) and big band jazz
- Paloma Faith – soul, jazz and pop
- Alan Davies & Paul Merton’s Impro Chums – Wait a minute here! These are comedians! Well, comedy is music to the ears, isn’t it?
- Alfie Boe – operatic pop, classical crossover – Wow!
- Peter Andre – pop/rock
- Burt Bacharach – Ok, if you haven’t heard of Burt Bacharach you must be on your first tour of planet Earth! For more than 50 years, that’s right half a century, Burt has been composing, conducting and performing. His songs have been the title song for so many movies it would be impossible to list them all. What a fabulous finale to an amazing Hampton Court Palace Festival 2015. Considered ‘pop’ – used very loosely here – Burt is himself royalty in the genre.
Have fun at this year’s festival whilst getting to hear your favourite performers. Relax in the outer court with a picnic lunch – no barbeques please – and then let the stars carry you away for this amazing summer event in London.